Director / Barrister / Solicitor
Let me tell you a little about myself and what I can do for you.
Firstly, I love being a lawyer. I enjoy helping my clients and watching them learn and succeed as I assist them negotiate the legal mine fields, whether they are subdividing a property, dealing with their business, setting up a Trust, preparing for retirement, dealing with the loss of a loved one, or writing a Will.
Having spent over 25 years in legal offices from Christchurch to Rangiora, via New South Wales, Invercargill and Dunedin, I have obtained a good idea of what clients need.
My legal experience is from the ground up and incudes associate partner, one of the founding directors of one of the first all-woman law practices in Rangiora, and now sole director of Katherine Wilmott Legal Ltd.
As well, I also:
- Am a Member of the NZ Law Society;
- Am a Member of the Canterbury Women’s Legal Association;
- Am currently the Convenor of the Commercial and Property Law Committee for the Canterbury/Westland Branch of the Law Society;
- Currently serve on the NZ Law Society National Panel of Friends;
- Served on the Executive of the Property Law Section of the NZ Law Society for three years;
- Served on the Anti-Money Laundering/Countering Financing of Terrorism Advisory Group;
- Attended the Asia Pacific Coroners Conference in November 2019;
- Served on the Ashley School Board of Trustees for three years;
- Give talks on Property Law/Elder Law including for the Law Society;
- Write papers and articles about legal issues facing people generally, including Katherine’s Blog.
I enjoy helping people with their legal work and I want to do this as professionally, time saving, and as economically as possible.
This is why at KW Legal we have introduced “turning the clock off”.
Please contact us, we want to help.
t. 03 2604777
Registered Legal Executive
Viv joined our team in October 2018 as a registered legal executive. She has extensive experience in property law including guiding clients through the sale and purchase of property and overseeing KiwiSaver and Homestart Grants. Viv also looks after the estates, and assists with Wills and Enduring Powers of Attorney.
Viv lives locally and brings considerable experience from law firms in Canterbury.
Viv works Tuesday to Friday.
t. 03 2604777
Shona joined KW Legal in October 2018 and has extensive experience in law offices throughout Canterbury. Shona is in charge of reception and the phones. She enjoys assisting all clients with their queries and pointing them in the right direction, especially new purchasers with their KiwiSaver, Homestart, and identification requirements. Shona also drafts Wills for clients.
t. 03 2604777